Professor Emerita, Art, California State University in Sacramento
PhD (Art Education), Penn State University, 2000
- Social Similitude”, M.David & Co, directed the exhibition on Artsy.net, A duo exhibition with Louise Noël, August 16 - September 15, 2020.
- Woven Structures", Gallery Old Chelsea, Gatineau, QC, 2019
- "Interlaced Narrative", AOE Gallery, Shenkman Centre, Ottawa, 2018
- "Guardians", Sacramento Fine Arts Centre, Sacramento, CA. November, 2005
- "Guardians", The Union Gallery at California State University, Sacramento, CA, April, 2005
- The Gallery at Joie de Vivre, Riverside-Albert, N.B., 1994, 95, 99, 2001, 2002
- Paramount Art Centre, St. Cloud, Minnesota, 1999
- Robert McLaughlin Gallery, Oshawa, Ontario, 1995
- Gallery Martel, Montreal, Quebec, May 1994
- National Exhibition Centre, Fredericton, N.B. 1995
JURIED AND INVITATIONAL EXHIBITIONS
- Visual Arts Mississauga (VAM) at Riverwood, 43rd Annual Juried Show of Fine Arts, January 14 - December 31, 2021
- “Ontario Society of Artist” juried exhibition, November 1st - December 31, 2020.
- “A Call to Arms, M.David & Co. Gallery, Brooklyn, NY, 2020
- “Frozen Gesture II”, M.David & Co. Gallery, Brooklyn, NY, 2019
- "Selections 2018", Trinity Galery, Shenkman Centre, Ottawa, 2018
- "Selections 2017", Juror's Choice Award, Trinity Gallery, Shenkman Centre, Ottawa, 2017
_ "6th National Juried Painting and Sculpture Exhibition", Morpho Gallery, Chicago, 2017
- Alternative Wax: Layers of Truth, Kobalt Gallery, Provincetown, MA, 2017
- Black Tie (Optional), Adam Peck Gallery, Provincetown MA, 2017
- CSUS Art Department Faculty Show, Library Gallery, Sacramento, 2004
- Exquisite Corpse, Beaverbrook Art Gallery, 1993
- ArtWhys, Art Centre, University of New Brunswick, 1993
- Marion McCain Exhibition, Beaverbrook Art Gallery, 1990
- Bicentennial Exhibition, Celebration 200, 1984
- Wagner-Ott, A (2002). Gender analysis through doll and action figure politics in art education. Studies in Art Education, 43(2)
- Wagner-Ott, A., Marquis, C (1993) Junior High Computer Graphics Curriculum, Fredericton, NB: Dept. of Education
- Wagner-Ott, A. (1985). Art curriculum development, Educational Services. N.B. Dept. of Education: Vol. 6, March
- Wagner-Ott, A (1984). Mask making: the evolving process, Callboard. Nova. Scotia Drama League: Vol. 32, Dec.
INTERVIEWS & REVIEWS
- Bentley, A. Review “Channelled Spirits,” The Arts Atlantic. June 1989
- Blades, J. Feature Artist, Potersfield Portfolio. Fredericton, N.B. 1993
- Brunner, Astrid. “Cracked Masks,” Arts Atlantic. Fall, 1993
- CBC radio interview. Status of the Arts in New Brunswick. 1984
- CBC radio interview Morningside, interview, 1989
- CBC television. Young Achievers, June, August, 1987
- Demmerson, M. “Today’s Woman,” The Daily Gleaner. Feature Article, Oct., 1987
- Everet-Green, R. “Mystery Opera Makes Brilliant Debut,” Globe and Mail. May 12, 1989
- Fry, G. Interview, Cable 10 T.V.
- Fry, G. Photographs of puppets included in The Landscape of Craft. Fredericton: Gooselane Publisher: 1990
- Fry, G. “A Gift From Somewhere,” Craft NB, 1989
- Fry, G. Review, “The Tales of Hoffman,”Vanguard. Fall, 1987
- Hickey, G. Review, “The Tales of Hoffman,” The Arts Atlantic. Spring, 1988
- Kaufman, George. “McLaughlin Gallery Hosts Major Exhibit,” The Toronto Star. June 29. 1995
- Kirsch, V. “Lost in Her Work,” The Daily Mercury. May 4, 1989
- Lehmann, A. “Wagner-Ott Adores her Cast of Characters,” The Royal Tribune. May 10, 1989
- Littler, W. Review of “Crazy to Kill,” The Toronto Star. May 14, 1989
- Sabat, Christina. “Anna Wagner-Ott Taking on New Challenges,” The Daily Gleaner. September 2, 1995.
- Sabat, C. “Review,” Daily Gleaner. Jan. 1993.
- Sabat, C. Review of “Crazy to Kill,” The Daily Gleaner. Jan. 2, 1989.
- Sabat, C. “Review,” The Daily Gleaner. July, 1986.
- Saintonge, L. “Womandala,” Arts Atlantic. Fall, 1993.
- This Week. “Wagner-Ott's Womandala: A Celebration of Female Image,” June, 9, 1995.
- Translation Review. Feature cover artist, The University of Texas, No. 42 and 43, 1993.
- White, M.F. Feature Artist in Woman's Almanac, Voices from Atlantic Canada. St. John’s: Creative Publishers, 1993.
- Young, Michelle. “The Evolution of Woman,” Oshawa Independent. June 28, 1995.
CONFERENCES, WORKSHOPS and RESIDENCIES
- Master Residency, M.David & Co. Gallery, NY, 2019
- Master Residency, Truro Center for the Arts, Castle Hill, Provincetown, MA, 2018, 2019
- International Encaustic Conference, Provincetown, MA, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- Artist Talk, CSUS Art Department Faculty Show Sacramento, Library Gallery, March 9. 2004
- Paper “CSUS Art Education Program,” The California Higher Art
Education Conference, Location: Long Beach, California, April 11, 2003.
- National Art Education Conference, Miami, Spring 2002.
- Panel Presentation, “What is Art?” Paramount Theatre, MN, March 2000
- National Art Education Association, Los Angeles, paper, The Politics of American Manufactured Dolls and Action-Figures, April 2000
- Reaction Pattern Research Conference. Groningen, Netherlands, paper, Reaction Patterns of Adolescent Males and Females to Mass-media Images, May 1999.
- National Art Education Association, Chicago, paper, Empowering Elementary Students through Re-creating Dolls, 1998.
- National Women’s Studies Association. St. Louis, paper, Dolls and Gender Identity Issues, 1996