Professor Emerita, Art, California State University in Sacramento (Taught in the Art Department from 2000 - 2014)
Assistant Professor, Art Department, St. Cloud State University, 1998-2000.
Art Teacher, Oromocto High School, New Brunswick, Canada 1987-1995
PhD (Art Education), Penn State University, 2000
Teaching Assistant, Penn State University, 1995-1998.
4 years of Fine Art Studies at University of Alberta
SELECTED SOLO EXHIBITIONS
- "Interlaced Narrative", AOE Gallery, Shenkman Centre, Ottawa, 2018
- "Guardians", Sacramento Fine Arts Centre, Sacramento, CA. November, 2005
- "Guardians", The Union Gallery at California State University, Sacramento, CA, April, 2005.
- The Gallery at Joie de Vivre, Riverside-Albert, N.B., 1994, 95, 99, 2001, 2002.
- Paramount Art Centre, St. Cloud, Minnesota, 1999.
- Robert McLaughlin Gallery, Oshawa, Ontario, 1995.
- Gallery Martel, Montreal, Quebec, May 1994.
- National Exhibition Centre, Fredericton, N.B., 1992/93.
- Guild Shop, Toronto, Ontario, October 1988.
- National Exhibition Centre, Fredericton, N.B., 1986.
- Madawaska Museum, Campbelton, N.B., 1986.
- EPTEX Centre, Summerside, PEI, 1987.
- Moncton Museum, Moncton, N.B., 1987.
- Ontario Craft Council Gallery, Toronto, Ontario, 1987.
- Grange Gallery, Toronto, Ontario, 1979.
- University of N.B. Art Gallery, Fredericton, N.B., 1978.
- University of Alberta Art Gallery, Edmonton, Alberta, 1972.
SELECTED JURIED and INVITATIONAL EXHIBITIONS
- "Selections 2017", Juror's Choice Award, Trinity Gallery, Shenkman Centre, Ottawa, ON, 2017
_ "6th National Juried Painting and Sculpture Exhibition", Morpho Gallery, Chicago, IL, 2017
- Alternative Wax: Layers of Truth, Kobalt Gallery, Provincetown, MA, 2017
- Black Tie (Optional), Adam Peck Gallery, Provincetown MA, 2017
- CSUS Art Department Faculty Show, Library Gallery, December, 2003 – March 2004.
- Exquisite Corpse, Beaverbrook Art Gallery, 1993.
- ArtWhys, Art Centre, University of New Brunswick, 1993.
- Marion McCain Exhibition, Beaverbrook Art Gallery, 1990.
- Owens Art Gallery, Sackville, N.B. Craft as Art, 1990.
- N.B. Craft Council Biennial, 1988.
- N.B. Craft Council, Foundation of Craft, 1985."
- Bicentennial Exhibition, Celebration 200, 1984.
- Faculty Show, New Brunswick Craft School Gallery, 1980.
- N.B. Craft Biennial, 1979.
- Cassel Gallery, The year of the Child, 1979.
- St. Mary's Art Gallery, Nova Scotia, 1976.
PUPPETRY and TELEVISION PRODUCTIONS
- Designed and Created 17 Puppets for the Crazy to Kill Opera by John Beckwith, performance at the Mask Theatre in Toronto, 2011,
- Directed a Puppetry Workshop and Performance at Da Vinci School, Spring 2001.
40 students designed and performed puppets during the Spring Special Arts festival.
- Puppet, Mask and Costume Designer for The Little Prince, 1994.
- Feature Artist on Off the Wall Series, ATV productions, Halifax, 1990.
- Feature Artist on Arts This Week, Cable 10 productions, Fredericton, 1992.
- Puppet and Mask Designer, The Little Prince, New Brunswick.
- Puppet designer for the Opera, Crazy to Kill, commissioned by the Guelph Spring Festival, Music by John Beckwith and libretto by James Reaney, Premiered in Guelph, Ontario, May, 1989.
- Puppet, Mask and Costume designer for Theatre New Brunswick, The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe, Toured; New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Ontario, Morrisburg, Stratford and Blyth, 1987.
- CHSJ and Global Networks, Blue Rainbow Productions, scripted and performed in 13, 15 min. television segments on puppetry, 1986.
- Wagner-Ott, A (2002). Gender analysis through doll and action figure politics in art education. Studies in Art Education, 43(2).
- Wagner-Ott, A., Marquis, C (1993) Junior High Computer Graphics Curriculum, Fredericton, NB: Dept. of Education.
- Wagner-Ott, A. (1985). Art curriculum development, Educational Services. N.B. Dept. of Education: Vol. 6, March.
- Wagner-Ott, A (1984). Mask making: the evolving process, Callboard. Nova. Scotia Drama League: Vol. 32, Dec.
INTERVIEWS & REVIEWS
- Bentley, A. Review “Channelled Spirits,” The Arts Atlantic. June 1989.
- Blades, J. Feature Artist, Potersfield Portfolio. Fredericton, N.B. 1993.
- Brunner, Astrid. “Cracked Masks,” Arts Atlantic. Fall, 1993.
- CBC radio interview. Status of the Arts in New Brunswick. 1984.
- CBC radio interview Morningside, interview, 1989.
- CBC television. Young Achievers, June, August, 1987.
- Demmerson, M. “Today’s Woman,” The Daily Gleaner. Feature Article, Oct., 1987.
- Everet-Green, R. “Mystery Opera Makes Brilliant Debut,” Globe and Mail. May 12, 1989.
- Fry, G. Interview, Cable 10 T.V.
- Fry, G. Photographs of puppets included in The Landscape of Craft. Fredericton: Gooselane Publisher: 1990.
- Fry, G. “A Gift From Somewhere,” Craft NB, 1989.
- Fry, G. Review, “The Tales of Hoffman,”Vanguard. Fall, 1987.
- Hickey, G. Review, “The Tales of Hoffman,” The Arts Atlantic. Spring, 1988.
- Kaufman, George. “McLaughlin Gallery Hosts Major Exhibit,” The Toronto Star. June 29. 1995.
- Kirsch, V. “Lost in Her Work,” The Daily Mercury. May 4, 1989.
- Lehmann, A. “Wagner-Ott Adores her Cast of Characters,” The Royal Tribune. May 10, 1989.
- Littler, W. Review of “Crazy to Kill,” The Toronto Star. May 14, 1989.
- Sabat, Christina. “Anna Wagner-Ott Taking on New Challenges,” The Daily Gleaner. September 2, 1995.
- Sabat, C. “Review,” Daily Gleaner. Jan. 1993.
- Sabat, C. Review of “Crazy to Kill,” The Daily Gleaner. Jan. 2, 1989.
- Sabat, C. “Review,” The Daily Gleaner. July, 1986.
- Saintonge, L. “Womandala,” Arts Atlantic. Fall, 1993.
- This Week. “Wagner-Ott's Womandala: A Celebration of Female Image,” June, 9, 1995.
- Translation Review. Feature cover artist, The University of Texas, No. 42 and 43, 1993.
- White, M.F. Feature Artist in Woman's Almanac, Voices from Atlantic Canada. St. John’s: Creative Publishers, 1993.
- Young, Michelle. “The Evolution of Woman,” Oshawa Independent. June 28, 1995.
CONFERENCES AND WORKSHOPS
- Art Fair at the International Encaustic Conference, Provincetown, MA, 2017
- International Encaustic Conference, Provincetown, MA, 2017
- Art Fair at the International Encaustic Conference, Provincetown, MA, 2016.
- International Encaustic Conference, Provincetown, MA, 2016.
_ International Encaustic Conference in Provincetown, MA, 2015.
- Artist Talk, CSUS Art Department Faculty Show Sacramento, Library Gallery, March 9. 2004
- Art History Symposium, Vision-Re-Vision, CSUS, Sacramento, March 27, 2004.
- Spirit of Contemporary Asian Art Symposium, CSUS, October 4, 2003.
- Paper “CSUS Art Education Program,” The California Higher Art
Education Conference, Location: Long Beach, California, April 11, 2003.
- National Art Education Conference, Miami, Spring 2002.
- Panel Presentation, “What is Art?” Paramount Theatre, MN, March 2000
- National Art Education Association, Los Angeles, paper, The Politics of American Manufactured Dolls and Action-Figures, April 2000
- Reaction Pattern Research Conference. Groningen, Netherlands, paper, Reaction Patterns of Adolescent Males and Females to Mass-media Images, May 1999.
- National Art Education Association, Chicago, paper, Empowering Elementary Students through Re-creating Dolls, 1998.
- National Women’s Studies Association. St. Louis, paper, Dolls and Gender Identity Issues, 1996
- New Brunswick Art Education Subject Council, paper, Drawing on the Computer,1994.
- National Exhibition Centre, Fredericton, workshops on puppetry, 1978, 85, 86, 91.
- Beaverbrook Art Gallery, Fredericton, workshop, mask making, 1990.